This is a strange question and I'm not sure what to answer. Butterbeer, perhaps, from HARRY POTTER. I'm also curious about that lamb stew in THE HUNGER GAMES.
2) Favorite ship? (As in, like, I-am-a-fan-of-this-romance kind of ship. Not the Titanic.)
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE I SHIP, BRO? THIS IS A HARD QUESTION. If I had to pick a favorite, it would either be Everlark (Katniss/Peeta in THE HUNGER GAMES) or Doctor/Rose from DOCTOR WHO.
3) What would your superhero name and power(s) be?
Bright Night (because "Kira" means both of these things), and I would have the magical power of illuminating the truth using the written word, or something like that. I AM THE CHOSEN ONE.
4) You’re stranded on a deserted island with the book character of your choice. Who is it and why?
Peeta. Heh. Heh.
Moriarty from SHERLOCK (the BBC show), perhaps? He's just so much fun. I would totally lose and probably die, but I'd have fun losing.
6) What do you want to do when you grow up? Do you know what you want to do?
I want to be a bestselling novelist. Duh.
7) If you could travel anywhere, where would you choose?
Britain! (See this post.)
8) Would you rather find yourself in a cliche YA love triangle or have no romantic interest at all?
I think I'd rather be in the triangle, because I'm a sap who loves love and also because it might help me have more empathy for the numerous book characters who find themselves in this situation.
9) Do you find you write about one season or region more than others? If yes, why?
Not one season, really, as my books tend to span at least a year in time, but I do tend towards the Southwest US because I live here, so I actually know what it's like. Ha.
10) Do you like to write in public or when you’re alone?
Alone is preferable. But I work with what I have.
11) If you could live in any fantasy world (ie Hogwarts, Narnia), which would you choose and why?
Um, Hogwarts. Duh.
- Julia! at Julia the Writer Girl! Even though she totes just nominated me! Because yeah!
- Ariel! at Ariel Kalati!
- LaPriel! at Life is So Simply Beautiful! Except she's not going to do it because she's on her mission right now and I'm actually the one updating her blog for her! And I'm not doing it either because that's silly! Whoo-hoo!
- Hannah! at To Journey Toward!
- Patrice! at Whimsically Yours!
- You! Because I have no other friends to add! If you're interested, give it a go!
Now for the questions I'm asking ye nominees. I'm stealing a couple from the girl who nominated Julia, Janna, and then making up my own.
2) Who was your first ever fictional crush? [from Janna]
3) What's your career goal and how many people know about it? Are you super secretive about it the way some writers are?
4) What's your favorite musical instrument?
5) Have you ever met a traditionally published author? Who and where and how?
6) What is the last book you checked out from the library?
7) Tell us a bit about your family.
8) Do you have any experiences with mental illness you could share? (Re: you or people you love.)
9) What's a favorite blog post you posted recently?
10) We're back on the desert island, and this time, you get to have three authors with you. Who do you choose?
11) Is there a particular dream (like, the sleepy time kind) that keeps recurring for you?
Images via juliathewritergirl.wordpress.com and thehungergamesexplorer.com.