2) King by Ellen Oh. The final book in Ellen's YA fantasy trilogy, which is based from Korean lore, is one that I'm definitely excited to read. It's been a lovely series so far, and I love the twists and turns of prophecy that fuel it.
3) Sisters of Blood and Spirit by Kady Cross. This YA paranormal is another one with twin girls, one dead and one alive, who can trade places when they choose to. While struggling with this half-life between dead and alive, they're approached by a boy who needs their help fighting off a ghostly murderer.
5) The Replaced by Kimberley Derting. The first book in this YA tale that crosses the line between sci-fi and fantasy was a major surprise stunner for me last year, so I've been eager to read the sequel. Aliens? Fairies? Government conspiracy thriller? Who even knows, it's awesome!
6) 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger. This YA dystopian is probably the book I was most excited for in 2015, from the moment I heard about it, so I'm sad I haven't found it yet. It takes place in a future India where the male to female ratio is 5 to 1, and men must participate in a series of tests to win one of the treasured women as a wife.
7) Immaculate by Katelyn Detweiler. This piece of YA magical realism could be a really risky one, but it could also be fantastic if pulled off properly. It tells the story of a teenage virgin who one day becomes pregnant, despite never having had sex, and the incredible chaos this causes around her.
8) Deceptive by Emily Lloyd-Jones. This is the second in a YA sci-fi series about a bunch of criminals with superpowers. which is AWESOME. The first book had a ton of voice and action to it, so this one promises the same.
9) The Girl at the Center of the World by Austin Aslan. The first book in this series about a half-native Hawaiian half-white girl with epilepsy facing the apocalypse blended sci-fi and fantasy in just that way I like, just like Kimberley Derting's book, and I'm excited for the next installment.
10) The Next Together by Lauren James. This YA romance is about star-crossed teen lovers who are reincarnated constantly across history, to fall in love and then be torn apart, and how they seek a final happy ending. Gorgeous idea!