2) Hans Christian Andersen. Since we have so much in common, I'd love to talk to Hans Christian Andersen. I'd love to know more about how he wrote his fairytales and about his personal experiences with (what may have been) fibromyalgia. We could even have a joint birthday party!
3) Karuna Riazi. Karuna's debut novel is out today! I haven't read it yet, but, as y'all know, I love Kaye's Twitter, and I admire her so much. As a matter of fact, I have met her before, at Ch1Con 2015--but I don't think I said a single word to her. I just stared across the room at her, like a creeper, unable to get up the courage to approach her. What if she didn't like me? What if I said something stupid? What if nothing I said was interesting? WHAT IF SHE DIDN'T LIKE ME? I understand now why a lot of people choke when they meet celebrities. And I'd like a second chance.
5) Victoria Schwab. I have so much admiration for Victoria and her books and the career she's built for herself. Based on her Twitter, she's someone I'd get along with just overall. It'd be great to talk to her about life and writing and publishing--all of it!
6) Emily Bronte. "Hey, Emily. It seems like you had a rough life, given how things go in Wuthering Heights. Let's commiserate!" (Same goes for Mary Shelley.)
7) Leigh Bardugo. I just want to see Leigh so I can stare at her and imagine the glorious madness that must be going on inside of her brain, for her to write the way she does. I can't even imagine being capable of the work she produces. But perhaps, in her presence, I could soak some of that creativity and originality up. Which makes me sound like creepy vampire, but whatever. She uses a cane too, like me, so we could be cane buddies!
8) Marissa Meyer. I could be wrong, but I feel like Marissa Meyer must have a lovely personality. I'd love to talk romance and sci-fi and fairytales with her.
9) Samantha Shannon. Her Bone Season series really speaks to me, somehow. Between that and that fact that Samantha is close to my age, I think we might get along well.
10) Maureen Johnson. Based on her Twitter, Maureen is hilarious and crazy in all the right ways. I'd probably be kind of overwhelmed by her, but I'd love to meet her anyway. Plus, she's also dealing with chronic illness!