2) From Jennifer Brown's HATE LIST: "Being pretty isn't everything, but sometimes being ugly is." and "We all got to be winners sometimes. But what he didn't understand was that we all had to be losers too. Because you can't have one without the other."
3) From Jessica Khoury's ORIGIN: "No one should live forever ... Isn't that how it goes? There must be a balance. No birth without death. No life without tears. What is taken from the world must be given back. No one should live forever, but should give his blood to the river when the time comes so that tomorrow another may live."
5) From J.K. Rowling's HARRY POTTER series: "Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." and "Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike." and "The truth ... It is a beautiful and terrible thing and should therefore be treated with great caution." and my very most favorite "Of course it is happening inside your head ... but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
6) From Lois Lowry's GATHERING BLUE: "Take pride in your pain. You are stronger than those who have none."
7) From Laurie Halse Anderson's SPEAK: "When people don't express themselves, they die one piece at a time." and "You have to know what you stand for, not just what you stand against."
8) From Markus Zusak's THE BOOK THIEF: "I am haunted by humans." and "I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
9) From Suzanne Collins's MOCKINGJAY: "It takes ten times as long to put yourself together as it does to fall apart."
10) From John Green's LOOKING FOR ALASKA and THE FAULT IN OUR STARS: "Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there.' I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful." and "The marks humans leave are too often scars."
Thanks for reading, and I'll see you tomorrow!
Image via ya-aholic.com.