2) Fall Out Boy. This group started out as emo/pop punk, breaking out in 2005, and made a return as a more solid rock band in 2013. I'm mostly a fan of their post-2013 work, and if I had to pick one, my favorite song of theirs would be "The Phoenix."
3) Panic! at the Disco. With the same sort of deal as Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco started as pop punk group in 2005. As of 2015, the lead singer Brendon Urie (who's pretty attractive, BTW) released a pop rock album under the group name--which is when I really became a fan. My favorite song right now is "House of Memories."
5) MS MR. This lesser-known indie rock group started out in 2011 with some fantastic stuff. My favorite track of theirs is "Dark Doo Wop."
6) Florence and the Machine. A pretty well-known British indie pop-rock band with a powerful female lead, debut album released in 2009. My favorite track is still the one that introduced me to them, "Breath of Life."
7) Bastille. Another popular British indie pop band, this one male-led, that came into fame in 2013 with "Pompeii". I'm not familiar enough with their newest album yet, but my favorite track from their past album is "Daniel in the Den."
8) Imagine Dragons. A pop rock band that became famous in 2012 with the smash hit that was super overplayed on the radio but is still really cool, "Radioactive." They're a little less famous these days, but still fantastic. My current fave, though it's hard to choose, would be "Dream."
9) Lorde. This New Zealand teen and indie pop singer broke out in 2013 with her one and only album so far. I really hope she releases more soon, because she is the bomb. My favorite song of hers is "Glory and Gore."
10) Of Monsters and Men. Another popular group for indie fans, this Icelandic folk rock group has released some fantastic music. My favorite is their classic "Little Talks," but there are other great songs too.
What are your favorite artists? Let me know, and I'll see you tomorrow!
Image via ya-aholic.com.