2) THE GREAT HUNT by Wendy Higgins. This YA fantasy is based off of the fairytale "The Singing Bone," though it reminds me of both "Beauty and the Beast" and the Greek tale of Atalanta. Very lush and dramatic, I hope. Releases March 8th.
4) THIS IS WHERE THE WORLD ENDS by Amy Zhang. I met Amy at Ch1Con 2014, read her debut, and found it to be really intelligently and beautifully written. Her second novel is another YA contemporary with a non-linear format about a friendship that breaks in the wake of a date rape. Releases March 22nd.
5) THE RAVEN KING by Maggie Stiefvater. The long-awaited (and consistently postponed) conclusion to Maggie's Raven Cycle is something I definitely have to have on my top TBR list. The fantastical Raven Cycle has just been so strange and beautiful and exciting to read thus far and I know the last book is going to pack a punch emotionally. Releases April 26th.
6) THE LAST FULL MEASURE by Trent Reedy. I've found Trent's near-contemporary YA dystopian trilogy to be a really powerful, relevant one that stays on top of what matters without being preachy, so of course I'm on board for the last book. Releases April 26th.
7) HOLDING SMOKE by Elle Cosiamo. This YA magical realism tells the story of a boy in juvie who can astral project and thus mentally escape his imprisonment for short periods, which is a totally awesome idea. Releases May 3rd.
8) THE CROWN by Kiera Cass. I've been a fan of The Selection Trilogy for a while now, and of course the two new books that tell the story of America's daughter had to go on my top TBR. This second book promises to show great character development, seeing how wonderfully dislikeable the MC was in the first book, and I'm excited! Releases May 3rd.
9) THE ROSE AND THE DAGGER by Renee Ahdieh. The first book in this series that retells "A Thousand and One Nights" blew me away -- stunning, lush, dramatic, and emotional. I'm so excited to read the second and see where it goes! Releases May 3rd.
10) THE STAR TOUCHED QUEEN by Roshani Chokshi. This magical YA fantasy about political alliances, romance, and destiny, derived from Indian mythology, looks to be absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait! Releases May 3rd.
Since we've gotten so far into 2016 already with these, I'm gonna take a rest this week, and instead of a "Waiting On" Wednesday, tomorrow I'll post the Disney book tag! Don't want to run out of WoWs to share! :D See you then.
Image via ya-aholic.com.