Every few months or so, I start running low on blog post ideas. In order to remedy this problem, I do a fun thing called "Googling." I usually Google "blog post ideas" and then troll a bunch of websites with posts on the subject until I find some ideas I can turn into posts and throw at you.
While I'm searching, I usually come across some sort of automatic generator. Specifically, this one. And even though I know it will be probably completely useless, I press the button, a lot. This generator basically spews a couple of random terms and puts them together every time you press the button. I have actually gotten ideas from this, but usually after a lot of pressing and laughter.
So today, for the sake of amusingness, I thought I'd give the generator a few gos and see what it brings up. If any of you would like to tackle the blog ideas the generator raises, be my guest. While I'm at it, I think I'll also try a plot generator and see what story it thinks i should write.
Blog Post Idea Generator Ideas
1) 8 Things I Like about Gymnastics
This would work great if I did gymnastics.
2) 5 Things I Hate about Silverchair
3) You Know What I Love about Queen
4) I Cannot Get Enough of Drug Traffic and Use
5) Some Thoughts on The Call
I didn't see it. How's that for some thoughts?
6) Some Thoughts on Kathy Bates
7) 5 Things I Hate about Conan O'Brien
I have no thoughts on the subject.
8) My Analysis of Celebrities Uncensored
Let's censor them.
9) Some Thoughts on Cereal
I LIKE IT. :D
10) 7 Things I Like about Judy Garland
She was in The Wizard of Oz... right?
Plot Generator Ideas
1) A philosopher reviews bad theater with a taste tester from Colorado.
Sounds like a really bad comedy to me.
2) A jockey with an all-or-nothing attitude is locked in a bank vault overnight with a plumber who's been reanimated.
Excuse me, what?
3) A newspaper cartoonist who wants to get married shares a fortune with a missionary from Arizona.
That could be a nice feel-good story, I suppose.
4) A Neanderthal hides from a journalist.
That's the start of a story. Needs a bit more.
5) A ballroom dancer from Guam flirts secretly with a children's book writer.
Secret flirting and two artists plus dancing. Recipe for a romance!
6) A Neanderthal missing a limb starts a doomed romance with a man-child who bakes magical cookies.
7) A repentant demon who can't find love tries to find the identity of a giant who can see the future.
Sounds a bit complex, but that could work. I can see it.
8) A contortionist from Iowa enters a dance competition with a scientist.
Well, could be interesting.
9) An accountant from Arizona is sucked into a another dimension with a matchmaker who is a stripper.
Stripper matchmaker, eh?
10) A puzzle maker who can't find love discovers a government plot with a park ranger from Utah.
That could be intriguing.
Well, that was fun! Thank you for reading, and come back next time for a college writer tag.
Image via timeforcake.com.
I'm an unpublished novelist, primarily of YA fantasy, and a freelance editor. I love psychology, cats, social justice, and love! I'm also a huge fangirl. Basically, stories are my life.
Why I Hate James Pat...
Hitler and Mother Ter...
Guest Post: 5 Fandom...
The Lesser Evil: Femi...
Successful People W...
Choosing a Genre to...