Hey, friends! This blog post idea is taken from the Top Ten Tuesday archive. It's a thought that's never really occurred to me before, but it marries two of my favorite things: fictional characters and social media. I'm excited to get into it!
1) Wanda Maximoff (MCU). Since she's my current favorite, this pick is unsurprising. I'd love to follow her adventures with the Avengers in real time and get more of an insight into her life and her personality. I imagine her being an Instagram kind of person.
2) Vision (MCU). As the other half of my Avengers OTP, Vision is another obvious choice here. In all honesty, I'd probably follow all of the Avengers, because I love them, but these are the two I doubt I'd ever unfollow, even if their feeds somehow became boring. I imagine Vision being active on Twitter.
3) Newt Scamander (Wizarding World). I don't know how he'd do on social media, seeing how socially awkward he is, but I adore Newt. I'd at least have to check his feed out. I can imagine him posting lots of videos and pictures of magical animals on YouTube or Instagram (if that weren't illegal and technologically impossible in his time). His granddaughter-in-law Luna would also be an interesting one to follow!
4) Minerva McGonagall (Wizarding World). As any intelligent Harry Potter fan knows, Minerva is queen. She is boss. She is possibly the coolest witch in the Wizarding World and certainly a remarkable teacher. I would love to see her posting Hogwarts updates, magical educational material, and maybe even political commentary on Twitter.
5) Rose Tyler (Doctor Who). I can't imagine the Doctor posting on social media, but I can imagine there being a Facebook or something where his companions share his adventures with the world. I'd follow whoever was active at the moment, but Rose, being my favorite of his companions, is the one I'd be most likely to continue following once she "retires" with Tentoo--although I don't know if crossdimensional social media is a thing!
6) John Watson (Sherlock). Since we're talking about BBC shows, I would absolutely follow John's blog and any linked social media (like a Twitter). His blog actually does exist--or did a couple years ago--and I read the whole thing. But that's just a marketing platform that aligns with the show seasons. I'd love to follow a real one that stays active and consistent! Maybe Molly could take over when John's unavailable.
7) Padme Amidala (Star Wars). Most Star Wars characters exist in a time period too turbulent and totalitarian to allow for social media use, but I can imagine Padme, who lived before all of that, sharing political discussion on Twitter and fashion ideas on Instagram. It'd be interesting, right?
8) Data Soong (Star Trek). Data would totally be on social media, interacting with all kinds of organic beings and sharing details about his life on board the Enterprise. He's far too curious about people to not be into that kind of thing. I'm thinking Twitter for him? Maybe Tumblr. On any platform, he'd be true to his sincere, quirky self! Kirk is the other Star Trek character I can most imagine doing this, and he'd be worth following too.
9) Lucero-Elisa de Riqueza (Girl of Fire and Thorns). Her world doesn't have the technology for it, but if it did, Lucero would probably follow in the vein of Padme with incisive social and political insights and plenty of genuine, caring responses on Facebook or Twitter.
10) Cress Darnel (Lunar Chronicles). Ignoring the part where they're fugitives for much of the story, I'd be excited to follow the Lunar Chronicles crew, with a special focus on my sweet, awkward, and technologically skilled favorite, Cress. Can you imagine her Tumblr or Instagram? There'd be plenty of Thorne content, that's for sure!
11) Camus Comprix (Unwind Dystology). Like with Vision and Data, how could I resist following such a unique and genuine individual? Camus is a human created entirely from the "best parts" of forced organ donors, not an android, but the same traits and the same desire to better understand humanity exist in him. I'm thinking Instagram or Snapchat.
12) Apollo (Riordanverse). There are honestly a ton of characters from Rick Riordan's stories that I'd be happy to follow online, but Apollo would be my top choice, at least once The Trials of Apollo hit and he's forced into a human form. He's hilarious and has some great character development! I'm thinking he'd be on Tumblr, maybe Instagram. Percy Jackson, as the OG, would then be my next choice.
I'd like to add a couple of honorary mentions: I'm not sure how active he'd be, but Castiel from Supernatural would be another to follow in the vein of Vision/Data/Camus. I also would totally follow the characters in the Illuminae Files on social media, but the Illuminae Files are kinda sorta already in that format, so... yeah!
Thanks for reading! What characters would you follow and where do you think they'd be active? If you're good with Photoshop or drawing and want to make/have made one of those imaginary social media feed pictures for any of these characters, please share that link as well! Next week's post will share some books that I read because of the hype surrounding them.
Images via gamespot.com, acciowizardsunite.com, starwars.com, and magesup on Tumblr.
Why I Hate James Pat...
The Lesser Evil: Femi...
PTSD and The Hunge...
Guest Post: 5 Fandom...
My Mayo Clinic Experi...
My 25 Most Favorite S...