I was accepted and put on the Winter/Spring track. For those of you who don't know, BYU-I has a three-track system, with a Fall, Winter, and Spring semesters, to which students are assigned two upon admission. I had been too late to apply for Fall, so being put in Winter made sense, but it did make us uneasy, because of my fibro. Fibromyalgia has issues in extreme temperatures, and in my case, I'm especially sensitive to cold. Rexburg, Idaho, happens to get very cold in the winter.
It's honestly a bit of a miracle that I managed to make it to Winter semester at all, given how horrible I was doing over the summer. There are a lot of people to be credited for that, for helping to lift me up and stabilize me enough that I could resume college, albeit very unhappily. It was there, as you know, that I finally got my OCD diagnosis, and was able to get a lot more help thanks to that. I also ended up really enjoying the way the school works, even though I made next to no friends and had a rough time with one of my teachers.
As you know, I returned home in April, and have been here ever since, taking a few online classes and going to counseling but just generally existing. I was terribly sick for about a month after my return, as well, with multiple ER trips, which I can't say I enjoyed. But now I'm doing pretty okay, ignoring the intense stress level that is my family life. In counseling, we've been working on figuring out how I can go to college and thrive there.
As such, I've got a few updates. First of all, Fall semester was recently opened up to all BYU-I students on a limited basis, because of a low registration rate, and I was able to get in. I am currently scheduled to return to BYU-I, not in January, but September. In accordance with that, I am now working on getting the paperwork in to appeal my entire track decision. I'm hoping to change to Fall/Spring, so I can avoid the coldest months for my fibro and so that I have a more varied schedule with breaks in between for my anxiety issues. The paperwork should be ready soon, and I have no idea whether they'll accept my appeal, but I really, really hope so because I don't know that I could handle my current track even at a more stable place in my life.
At the moment, I am in talks with the local animal shelter about a specific, very lovely (and amusing) male tuxedo kitten currently in foster care. I hope very very much that it goes through because he seems like a wonderful little baby, and I just want to kiss his face right now.
That's your update for the moment. I am attending school again in September and I am in the process of both appealing my track decision and getting an ESA for college. When I get me my baby kitty, I will post you a picture, of course. :) I'm hopefully that all of this will make things easier for me.
Images via adams.edu and cafepress.com.