Hi guys! Last week, my dear Julia nominated me for the Creative Blogger Award, so that's what I'm doing today! (Thank you kindly, Jules.)
~ Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs
~ Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you
~ Share 5 facts about yourself with your readers
Wow. Few friends. Much sad.
1. What is there left about me that I haven't told you? Very little, I think. Well, recently, I've gone on a beauty kick, so I've been looking up makeup tutorials and trying some new stuff. It's fun, although also a bit nerve-wracking.
2. I am often more comfortable around married dudes and gay guys than around straight single men. This is primarily because, with most of the straight single guys I meet, I can basically feel them evaluating my romantic/sexual potential and, like, beaming hormones in my direction, and just no. Seriously, I have a purpose and worth beyond whether I become your girlfriend or not, and friendship is a thing. If you can't respect me first as a person and friend, why would you want to be with me? I just don't get it.
3. I exercise bike almost every day to keep in shape. I can't do much other exercise, not even walking, because of my fibromyalgia, but with me, the seat on the bike supports the areas on my body where the fibro is the worst and allows me to get it done without negative effect. Whoo!
4. When I was young and the only thing I knew about superheroes was from books my brother had, Spiderman was my favorite because of how very human and teenagery he is. Once I hit high school (and still didn't know much else about superheroes), I liked Superman best because of the ideal behind him and the fact that he was the "original." When I finally started watching superhero movies in college, Captain America became my new favorite (Superman, but more human). Now? I think Scarlet Witch may be new favorite superhero, because DARN, girl. She's, like, perfect to fit with my life scheme. But I still really like Captain America, so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5. I don't know if I've actually talked about this on here, but when I joined Goodreads at the end of 2012, I didn't know how many books a year I read. "A lot" was the summation of it. I could name a whole bunch, people were impressed, there were stacks of library books by my bed, the librarians all knew my name, a whole holds shelf was practically dedicated to me, blah blah. So when it came time to do the "Reading Challenge" thing they have on Goodreads where you decide how many books you want to read that year, I made a wild guess at 200. I figured that was a bit low, but I wanted to just see what I'd hit. I ended up hitting 366, just over a book a day. Which makes fair sense to me, even though people find that really big and startling and stuff. Basically, though, I'm constantly reading and an average one a day rate works for me. Out of the ash I rise with my red(-ish-blond) hair and I eat books like air! (See here for the actual lines of that poem. Sylvia Plath is disturbing but legit, yo.)
There y'all have it! Thanks for reading, link me if you do the tag yourself, and I will see you next time for the first of two updated lists of blogs that I follow.
Why I Hate James Pat...
The Lesser Evil: Femi...
PTSD and The Hunge...
Guest Post: 5 Fandom...
My Mayo Clinic Experi...
My 25 Most Favorite S...