- Thank the person who nominated you.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
- Ask them 11 questions.
- Let them know about the nomination!
1) At the moment, I have fallen into another of my temporary linguistic habits, as I call them, meaning I am currently adding the word "yeah?" to the end of statements to which I want confirmation. This should wear off after a few weeks, like most my linguistic habits. The only ones that stay are my habit of using the word "Anyway" all the time, and my love of the word "potato." Also, run-ons.
2) I cannot for the life of me find a job here. Disabled people have it hard, yo. I can't stand behind a Smith's register and check you out, or make nasty food at fast food places while standing up, or stand for extended periods of time. Ever.
4) I am trying to teach myself how to French braid my own hair. It's not going very well.
5) I am currently taking online classes through BYU-Idaho! I'm taking Science Foundations, Book of Mormon Part II, and the Math for the Real World Testout. They are not all that interesting, but whatever. When they're done, I will be taking another religion class. Old Testament, I think. And then I'll be registered for three more online classes, probably all gen eds. And then I'll be back on campus! Whoo.
6) I prefer necklaces to all other kinds of jewelry, but even though I have a ton of them, I rarely actually wear them, because it turns out I'm too lazy to look nice. Except when it comes to makeup, because I worry about my face a lot. Because of Codi.
7) Right now, I'm trying to grow my hair out really really long, like, to my butt long, if it can manage that. I always wanted to, since I was three or something, but Mom wasn't a fan, so I never have, but now I decided I will anyway. If I don't end up liking it when it hits that length, I'll donate a bunch to Locks for Love. But for sure I want my hair to be below shoulder length from now on.
9) As I go through therapy for OCD, I am supposed to be exposing myself to the things that set me off more and more: most especially driving a car, talking on the telephone, and being around people. I'm not very good at this exposure thing. I'm much better at thinking of all the reasons why Codi exists in the first place, and all the reasons why it's easier to give in to her. Whoops.
10) I was in Denver last month when a big supercell came through and eight tornadoes touched down in the area. I saw a funnel, but not an actual tornado. Mostly we sat in the hotel while it hailed and while the tornado sirens went off. It was really epic.
11) I have lots and lots of scars! Most of them are from cats, because I like to chase them around the house and they don't like that nearly as much as I do. The worst cat-related scar is from when I was, like, twelve, and my grandma on my dad's side came to stay with us for a bit. I picked up Angel to put her back in my room and when she saw Grandma on the couch she freaked out and practically tore my chest open. Lots of blood. And now, lots of nice white scars. True story!
1. If you couldn’t write/read your favorite genre(s), what would you write/read?
I am tempted to punch you in the face for asking a question like this, Jules. My favorite genres to read and write are YA sci-fi and fantasy, so I guess what's left is thrillers and contemporary. I'd probably read the thrillers more heavily, but write contemporary more, because thrillers have so much technology and research and I am lazy.
2. Who’s your favorite book boyfriend/girlfriend?
I am not completely sure what you're asking, but I'm pretty sure this is one of the questions to which the answer must always be Peeta Mellark.
3. What’s your favorite cookie?
ME LIKE COOKIE. ME COOKIE MONSTER. OM NOM NOM.
4. What’s your favorite kind of shoes?
...um? Sandals? Yeah. Sandals.
5. What’s your favorite junk food?
Well duh, Julia, I'd choose you. The problem is you write thrillers and I write speculative fiction and, as previously mentioned, I am too lazy to do thrillers that actually work!
7. If your family, friends, and pets were already safe, what would you rescue in a fire?
MY LAPTOP. OH GOSH, SAVE THE MANUSCRIPTS.
8. What’s the least awful type of apocalypse?
This is a very amusing question. I have no idea how to answer, because apocalypses are awful by nature, yes? I'm thinking of all kinds of apocalyptic novels I've read, and I am not liking any of my options. However, I have read that, scientifically speaking, a zombie apocalypse actually couldn't sustain itself, so I think I pick that.
9. If you could be famous for any one thing, what would you choose?
Um, writing. Duh.
10. Why did you start blogging?
Well, writers are supposed to have author websites, and a lot of those have blogs, and so I was making a website for the future that happened to have a blog attached, and then I accidentally published the website, like, years early, hahaha. So I just started blogging. Turns out I love it!
11. Who are your blogging inspirations?
... All of the people. This post has a list of some of the blogs I follow. I've added a few since then, but it's still pretty accurate!
1) Someone Julia already nominated
2) Someone Julia already nominated
3) Someone Julia already nominated.
4) Someone Julia already nominated.
5) Ellana Rose Thornton-Wheybrew at her website
6) My best friend LaPriel Bawden at Life is So Simply Beautiful, except she's on an LDS mission and won't be back home til next July and I'm actually the person running her blog right now whoo!
7) Oh potato, I don't have any friends.
8) Still no friends.
9) Will you be my friend? Take up this tag, and link me to your post in the comments!
1) From Sarah Faulker If you could resurrect a fictional character who died in their story, who would it be?
2) From Sarah Faulker What's the most challenging part of blogging for you?
3) From Julia Byers If you couldn't write/read your favorite genre(s), what genre would you write/read?
4) From Julia Byers Who would you love to co-write a book with?
5) From Julia Byers What apocalypse do you think would be the least awful?
6) From Samantha S. What TV show would you love to appear on?
7) What's the most rewarding part of blogging for you?
8) What project are you working on right now (writing, school, blogging, whatever)?
9) Tell us who your OTP is and why.
10) Where would you go on your ideal vacation?
11) Link us to your social media pages!
Images via potatonewstoday.com, mormonnewsroom.org, extremetech.com, YALSA, and juliathewritergirl.com.