I thought I'd weigh in on this common blog post with my own picks. So take a leaf out of my book and look at my commandments of novel writing. I tried really hard to make them good. TAKE THE COMMANDMENTS! TAKE THEM! AND HEED THEIR WORDS OF WISDOM!
1) Thou shalt have much focus on reading books.
2) Thou shalt not write untruth of any likeness or form, and shall not serve it, but write only what thou knowest and lovest, for words, the seat of truth, are jealous words. Words shall show mercy unto those who worship them.
3) Thou shalt not abuse language, or in other words, thou shalt edit, a lot.
4) Thou shalt take your outside life to be holy and shalt not be a recluse, unless thou art currently writing. Then, thou must keep the writing day holy. For the writer hast blest life for the conception of ideas and brilliance.
5) Thou shalt honor the professionalism of writing, that thy career may be long and blessed.
6) Thou shalt drive thy characters crazy.
7) Thou shalt leave out those pesky love triangles, unless thou hast a totally new take on them.
8) Thou shalt be determined and persistent.
9) Thou shalt not edit when thou art still writing the story.
10) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors' writing, not grammar, nor plot, nor character, nor worldbuilding, unless thou can use it to make thy writing better.
But of course, thou shalt remember that rules in artistic endeavors are meant to be broken. Above all, stay truth to thineself.
Haha, thanks for reading. Next time, come over for my nineteenth birthday and some special new info about me!
Image via Gustave Dore.
Why I Hate James Pat...
Hitler and Mother Ter...
The Lesser Evil: Femi...
Guest Post: 5 Fandom...
PTSD and the Hunger...
Successful People W...