Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday, a book blog tag hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Today's topic is a Valentine's Day freebie, so I decided to go with Top Ten Book Boyfriends! So here are ten guys from YA books whom I would totally date, with pictures because cute boys.
1) Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games Trilogy. Obviously, he's number one, and I do not see that changing in the near future. Because Peeta is bae. He's sweet, he's funny, he's compassionate, he's charming and good with words, and he's totally my type, too. I like buff blond guys with good jawlines. Blue eyes are a bonus. <3 <3 <3 Plus he paints and bakes!
2) Alternately, I could go for Finnick Odair, because even though he comes off a lot tougher and more sexed-up and will do a lot of things that Peeta would never, he's still got the same basic qualities. His love for Annie in the books is inspiring.
3) Lord Hector de Ventierra from The Girl of Fire and Thorns Trilogy. This series is a glorious bundle of girl power and awesomeness, but it also has a gorgeous romance. Hector is loyal and true to his duty, as well as passionate and thoughtful. He's 100% a keeper for sure.
4) Neville Longbottom from the Harry Potter Series. Speaking of Keepers (haha), there's a lot of guys I would consider going for in Harry Potter. I'd consider Remus Lupin if we weren't so alike. Fred Weasley is obviously a star, though I'd worry he would never be serious about anything--ditto for James Potter. I might even give Ron Weasley a try. But Neville is probably the best of them all, because he overcomes a lot of self-doubt and awkwardness to become a hero, which also makes him a sweetheart. And he's loyal and worthy of the Sword of Gryffindor, which is like the Hogwarts version of Mjolnir. We'd have to work out something with that last name, though.
5) Captain Carswell Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles. Okay, he's hot, all right? This series is prime for romance and book boyfriends, and I relate to Cress most, so of course I'd go for her guy. He's star-studded, confident, a little rough around the edges, but also sweet and sincere at the core. Like Han Solo mixed with Flynn Rider with a bit of Captain Jack Sparrow.
6) I'd also happily go for Jacin Clay, who is Winter's boy. I relate to Winter, too. Jacin's my blonde boy type, loyal and dutiful like Hector, and he clearly respects the rights of people with mental illness. Plus, I'm a sucker for the best-friends-fall-in-love narrative. And the loved-you-since-we-were-children narrative.
7) Camus Comprix from The Unwind Dystology. So, Camus is kind of a weird character because he's manufactured from the 'ideal' parts of other teenagers, but apparently I'm into the idea of someone new to this world but with a lot of knowledge pre-installed. (See the fact that ScarletVision is my current OTP holy potato I love them so much. Also, Castiel in Supernatural.) It's this weird mix of innocence and intelligence that totally works for me. Cam's a sweetheart in spite of himself. Also, I think the fact that he's created from multiple races/ethnicities makes for an interesting set of looks.
8) Malyen Oretsev from The Grisha Trilogy. Like I said, I'm a sucker for the childhood/friendship romances. Mal's an attractive, sweet guy who nonetheless takes no crap and happens to be a talented tracker. Me likey.
9) Jonas Seer from The Giver Quartet. Yeah, he starts out as a twelve-year-old kid, but as the series progresses, Jonas grows up to be a compassionate and insightful young man with gorgeous blue eyes and a semi-magical gift for knowing things. Also, he has a lot of love for the female character, whose name happens to be Kira, and who is disabled, so, like.
10) Fian Andrej Eklund from the Earth Girl Trilogy. Fian's another sweetheart of a boyfriend, thoughtful and intelligent, and best of all, he loves Jarra as fully herself. Like Hector, he doesn't get all "emasculated" by his girl's talent and fame. Instead he gives her the respect that she deserves and is proud of her strength and accomplishments, which is A++. Also, he respects disabled rights. Yay!
Tracking down these pictures was hard! This is why I'm grateful for people who create fanart, because I love that stuff, and I couldn't do it myself. Anyway, there are my ten book boyfriends for this week's post! Who are your book boy/girlfriends?
I'll see you tomorrow(ish)!
Uncaptioned images via ya-aholic.com, capitolcouture.com, io9.com, lunarchronicles.wikia.com, chicosmuyguapos.blogspot.cl, and demilovato.wikia.com
Why I Hate James Pat...
Hitler and Mother Ter...
The Lesser Evil: Femi...
Guest Post: 5 Fandom...
PTSD and the Hunger...
Successful People W...