Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday, a book blog tag hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Today, I'm back in the archives with Top Ten Book Quotes! Here are ten (okay, actually like double that) book quotes that I love.
1) From Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman: "Dead kids are put on pedestals, but mentally ill kids get hidden under the rug." and "If you could harness denial, it would power the world for generations."
2) From Hate List by Jennifer Brown: "Being pretty isn't everything, but sometimes being ugly is." and "We all got to be winners sometimes. But what he didn't understand was that we all had to be losers too. Because you can't have one without the other."
3) From Origin by Jessica Khoury: "No one should live forever ... Isn't that how it goes? There must be a balance. No birth without death. No life without tears. What is taken from the world must be given back. No one should live forever, but should give his blood to the river when the time comes so that tomorrow another may live."
4) From Hamlet by William Shakespeare: "Madness in great ones must not unwatched go." and "There are more things in Heaven and Earth ... than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
5) From J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter Series: "Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." and "Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike." and "The truth ... It is a beautiful and terrible thing and should therefore be treated with great caution." and my very most favorite: "Of course it is happening inside your head ... but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
6) From Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry: "Take pride in your pain. You are stronger than those who have none."
7) From Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson: "When people don't express themselves, they die one piece at a time." and "You have to know what you stand for, not just what you stand against."
8) From The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: "I am haunted by humans." and "I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
9) From Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins: "It takes ten times as long to put yourself together as it does to fall apart."
10) From Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: "Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there.' I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful." and "The marks humans leave are too often scars."
What do you think? What are some of your favorite book quotes?
Thanks for reading, and I'll see you tomorrow!
Image via ya-aholic.com.
Why I Hate James Pat...
Hitler and Mother Ter...
The Lesser Evil: Femi...
Guest Post: 5 Fandom...
PTSD and the Hunger...
Successful People W...