Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday, a book blog tag hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Today's topic is Top Ten [Halloweeny Things], so a bit of a freebie. I really, really like dressing up for Halloween, so I figured today I'd share a top ten of Halloween costumes I'd like to try out sometime. Stay tuned at the end for some pictures and a poll...
1) A Ravenclaw from Harry Potter. I talked about this a while back. Since I'm a Ravenclaw, and have only ever dressed up as Hermione, it's time for some house pride!
2) Scarlet Witch from The Avengers. I wrote a blog post about her just last week. I WANT TO DO IT.
3) J.K. Rowling. Is it weird to dress up as a living person? Since Jo is so much of what I aspire to be, I thought this could be a cool costume to try out.
4) Padme Amidala from Star Wars. I've never done a Star Wars costume before, so it's about time! I love Padme, although when/if I pick this costume, I'll have a lot of choices to narrow down with her outfits!
5) Pop Art Girl. I bet you've seen these floating around the Internet. It's all makeup, face paint, lots of polka dots and black lines to make you look like a cartoon/pop art image. I always think it's so gorgeous and interesting! I don't know how well I could do it, but I'd love to try.
6) Masquerade. Mostly, this would be an excuse to dress *gorgeousssss.* Yay!
7) China Doll. Cute, pretty, but with some pretty heavy makeup (and I'm not sure how the heck to find a shade lighter than me). But I really could give it a run!
8) A Weeping Angel from Doctor Who. One of Steven Moffat's most clever and terrifying additions to the Doctor Who world, this would also be relatively makeup heavy, but a lot of fun. Plus, I just kind of like angel statues anyway.
9) Disney Princess. Because at this point, I can't pick a single favorite anymore, I would have to have a second vote on this one for you guys to pick which of my favorites to do. I've already done Ariel, probably more than once, considering I was obsessed with her as a child, but hey. Disney is forever.
10) Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. As you know, this year, I'm being Katniss Everdeen! Yesterday, I got to dress up for a Halloween party and so I'm ready to debut the awesomeness! Here are the pics. (Based on this and this with inspiration from here.)
You like? Now, I'm giving you an opportunity to do a (way early) vote on what I'll be next year! Subject to change, of course, but you can pick up to two from any of the nine choices in the poll below (or add your own, if you think you've got a great idea for me). Thanks for your help and I'll see you tomorrow for "Waiting On" Wednesday!
Image via ya-aholic.com.
Why I Hate James Pat...
The Lesser Evil: Femi...
PTSD and The Hunge...
Guest Post: 5 Fandom...
My Mayo Clinic Experi...
My 25 Most Favorite S...