Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday, a book blog tag hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Today's topic is an open audio theme. So I figured today I'd share my Top Ten Favorite Music Artists for you to give a try! (About half of my iTunes library is movie scores, but when I'm not listening to those, I'm into this kind of intense indie pop-rock stuff with great lyrics. For me, the lyrics really do matter: after all, I am a word person!)
1) Linkin Park. A longtime favorite of mine, Linkin Park is an alt-rock band that came into fame in 2000. I like their 2008-2011 work the best, and my current favorite song from them is "Castle of Glass."
2) Fall Out Boy. This group started out as emo/pop punk, breaking out in 2005, and made a return as a more solid rock band in 2013. I'm mostly a fan of their post-2013 work, and if I had to pick one, my favorite song of theirs would be "The Phoenix."
3) Panic! at the Disco. With the same sort of deal as Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco started as pop punk group in 2005. As of 2015, the lead singer Brendon Urie (who's pretty attractive, BTW) released a pop rock album under the group name--which is when I really became a fan. My favorite song right now is "House of Memories."
4) Sia. I only became a Sia fan in the past year or so, but I adore her work and I think her story, and the whole anonymity thing, is fascinating. She's a pop artist who started out solo in 2000, but really became famous in 2011. I'm a fan of her post-2011 work, and I love her strange music videos. Maggie Ziegler's dancing is incredible and inspiring--like, we should all be able to move like that! My fave song from Sia right now is "Alive" (my fave video is the one for "Chandelier").
5) MS MR. This lesser-known indie rock group started out in 2011 with some fantastic stuff. My favorite track of theirs is "Dark Doo Wop."
6) Florence and the Machine. A pretty well-known British indie pop-rock band with a powerful female lead, debut album released in 2009. My favorite track is still the one that introduced me to them, "Breath of Life."
7) Bastille. Another popular British indie pop band, this one male-led, that came into fame in 2013 with "Pompeii". I'm not familiar enough with their newest album yet, but my favorite track from their past album is "Daniel in the Den."
8) Imagine Dragons. A pop rock band that became famous in 2012 with the smash hit that was super overplayed on the radio but is still really cool, "Radioactive." They're a little less famous these days, but still fantastic. My current fave, though it's hard to choose, would be "Dream."
9) Lorde. This New Zealand teen and indie pop singer broke out in 2013 with her one and only album so far. I really hope she releases more soon, because she is the bomb. My favorite song of hers is "Glory and Gore."
10) Of Monsters and Men. Another popular group for indie fans, this Icelandic folk rock group has released some fantastic music. My favorite is their classic "Little Talks," but there are other great songs too.
Honestly, guys, this list changes a lot. I just love music! Other artists I feel like I have to mention here are Halsey, AWOLNATION, the Piano Guys, Muse, and Pentatonix, but there are so many more.
What are your favorite artists? Let me know, and I'll see you tomorrow!
Image via ya-aholic.com.
Why I Hate James Pat...
The Lesser Evil: Femi...
PTSD and The Hunge...
Guest Post: 5 Fandom...
My Mayo Clinic Experi...