Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday, a book blog tag hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Today's topic is Top Ten New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I've ever made that many before, so we'll see how I do! First, a review of last year's resolutions:
1) Start sending out to agents again? Nah, bro. I gotta get COCA edited first.
2) Finish writing two novels? Nah bro, I gotta edit COCA! (Which is the one novel I did finish writing this
year. Whee!) (Oh, but I did write a not-so-great full-length screenplay adaptation o IF YOU PRICK US,
formerly known as PERISHED, so that's something.)
3) Do well in school? Spring semester, not so much. Fall, it looks like I've done great! :D Progress!
4) Go on a date with a guy? Lawls.
5) Have a healthier lifestyle? Double lawls.
Wow, guys, I don't think I've ever done so bad on my resolutions before. :P But that's all right, just gives me more room for next years! Ad even if I didn't accomplish my written resolutions, I feel like I managed some progress in other ways. Here we go:
1) Get COCA edited. Brah. I gotta get this done. I told Twitter to remind me to get it to my beta readers by April, so that should give me some push to get my list of changes done. After that, I'll need a round of diversity-check beta readers, and then I'll probably have still more edits to do... Whee.
2) Learn to drive again. I discovered this year that my OCD anxiety about driving has diminished considerably. (Yay!) Now I just have to get comfortable with driving the way any normal person would have to after not driving for a few years. Also having not ever driven outside of their tiny little town.
3) Write a new novel or start sending out to agents. It might be a stretch. I've gotten slow, here, with this editing thing. SO MUCH EDITING. But I'd like to do one or the other this year.
4) Graduate BYU-Idaho with a Bachelor's of Arts in English. I'm set to do this in July, assuming I keep up good grades, so.
5) Get into grad school at SJSU online. Aaghhhhhhhhh this means I have to apply soon! You know, when I was in high school, and I got into Adams State, I was like, "I'm done. That's it. No more applying to schools, no more stupid tests, no more of that school application stress..." AHAHAHAHA, JOKE'S ON ME.
6) Start working on my Master's degree in Library Science. That's a thing, I suppose. It's the only plan I've got right now. Speaking of, another sort-of resolution for me is to get a more concrete life plan. I gotta figure out what I'm doing with my life. Right now, it's like a giant void in front of me.
7) Get a better handle on budgeting. Useful skill, right?
8) Work some kind of job at some point. I managed it this year, to my surprise, as an English TA, so I can do it again, right? We'll work it out.
9) Go on a date with a dude. Like, really. Come on, Kira.
10) Complete the usual Goodreads Reading Challenge, which for me I set at 365 books a year, a book a day. I know, I'm awesome. *flips hair*
Why I Hate James Pat...
The Lesser Evil: Femi...
PTSD and The Hunge...
Guest Post: 5 Fandom...
My Mayo Clinic Experi...