Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday, a book blog tag hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Today's topic is Top Ten [Thanksgiving Things]. So I figured I'd talk about ten things I'm grateful for right now.
1) Thanksgiving Break. I'm so happy to have a chance to take a real break! I get some peace and quiet, extra sleep, a pumpkin pie to myself, and plenty of time (I'm thinking) to work on my school projects and get some reading in too. Yessssssss.
2) Having my OCD under control. I don't know that I'll never not have this on my grateful list. The difference it's made in my life is incredible. Almost beyond belief. I can't thank the people who got me to this point enough, including God, of course.
3) Also having my fibro under decent control. Though I hate it, quitting orchestra really did make a huge difference in this. I'm no longer drowning in exhaustion so deep it might as well be death. The fibro's still very present, but I'm doing all right now. And that matters.
4) The semester almost being over. I mean, it's not been a bad semester, exactly, but it's not been great either. Also I know that when Thanksgiving's over, I'll have a lot of stress again until we hit the next (much bigger) break. It'll also be nice to see my friends at home again. So.
5) Having a fantastic roommate. Becca's amazing, that's all I can say. I don't know how she does it. She's the thing I'll miss the most when this semester does end, and I intend to stay friends with her for a good while, if destiny so wills it.
6) Food. How can you not be grateful for food at this time of year? Like, delicious.
7) Books (and libraries). Never not grateful.
8) Getting the chance to see Mockingjay Pt II over the weekend. I thought it was awesome, and I have been having all the feels. This is the power of stories, guys. I couldn't love them more.
9) Movie scores, while we're on the topic. ALL OF THE FEELS. THE HUNGER GAMES SUITE AT THE END OF THIS LAST HUNGER GAMES SCORE KILLS ME AND I HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD THE WHOLE THING YET.
10) Coming back to music. Though orchestra may not have worked out for me physically, I am very grateful that I'm coming to a point now, with cello and singing both, where I've overcome the traumas that have made both of these impossible for me to do in the recent past. It's nice to be able to express emotion through music, just for myself, and not feel so blocked and empty about it.
There are plenty more, of course, but those are the highlights right now. What are you grateful for this Thanksgiving?
I'll see you tomorrow for "Waiting On" Wednesday.
Image via ya-aholic.com.
The Lesser Evil: Femi...
PTSD and The Hunge...
Guest Post: 5 Fandom...
My Mayo Clinic Experi...
Choosing a Genre to...
Successful Authors W...