Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday, a book blog tag hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Today's topic is Top Ten Books I'm Grateful For, but I'd like instead just to share the Top Ten Things I'm Grateful For This Year.
1) All the progress I've made towards managing my chronic illnesses. Even though my life is still very different from most people's, and from what I expected it to be, I'm doing much better, which makes me a lot happier.
2) Stories. They connect us as human beings across centuries, they tell truths in a way nothing else can, and they motivate my existence. I'm always grateful for stories.
3) Friends and family. After everything I've been through with mental and physical illness both, I don't have a lot of people left in my life, but those I do mean the world to me. Thank you for standing by me.
4) Cats. Because duh!
5) Social media. I've always liked social media, but after this past year, I'm especially grateful for the way it allows homebound people to reach out and connect with the world. It's an incredible resource.
6) Modern medicine. We've still got a long, long way to go, but I'm glad that we know as much as we do.
7) Fandom. This is sort of a combo of stories and social media, but I am truly so grateful for the way that fans of different story worlds come together to celebrate, discuss, and expand on what they love. I love being a fangirl, and fandom is a big part of what got me through this year.
8) Music. Since high school, music has become less of a part of my life, but I still love it. I look forward to breaking out the Christmas music at the end of this week!
9) My diaries. Due to the overwhelming brain fog I've experienced throughout this year, I've forgotten a lot of my past. For the last couple of months, I've been reading my old diaries, and it's been a really great resource in making me feel more grounded. I've come a long way!
10) Church. Even though I'm very religious, I have to admit church has never been an easy thing for me. A lot of that has to do with my OCD. But after being so sick for so long, I'm more grateful than ever for what my church gives me.
What are you most grateful for this year? Tell me in the comments, and I'll be back tomorrow.
Image via ya-aholic.com.
Why I Hate James Pat...
Hitler and Mother Ter...
The Lesser Evil: Femi...
Guest Post: 5 Fandom...
PTSD and the Hunger...
Successful People W...