Hi guys, and happy Thanksgiving!
In honor of the holiday, I'm going to tell you guys some of what I'm grateful for this year. Feel free to add yours.
1) I finished my novel, and won NaNoWriMo in eleven or so days, finishing the novel in eighteen, which is a personal record. That means next year, I get to try and write two novels in a month. Wanna see how that goes down? Come around next November and check it out... This also means I've written seventeen novels, and I have a whole new project to love and enjoy and edit. Inspiration makes me happy!
2) I have an awesome website, an awesome blog, and awesome readers who make me look like less of a loser when I'm sitting here having the time of my life talking to myself. Give yourselves a pat on the back for keeping me from being pathetic! I can't tell you how much fun blogging is for me.
3) I'm at home for Thanksgiving, which is great because I get to see my family, extended and home, and some of my friends, and the people from my home church, and my kitties! I love my kitties. The kitty picture is of baby Zoey, who we adopted recently after having had her as a foster cat this summer. She's a beautiful little cutie, and also extremely spastic and wild. Being home is also great for me because it gives me some grounding and perspective. As much as I love college, it's a little free, and sometimes you have to get back to reality.
4) I'm having a great time at college. I've got wonderful friends, a fairly stress-free environment, freedom but not too much responsibility, pretty easy classes, and a lot of chances to do the things I love, namely music and writing, which are also things I'm grateful for. (Below is a bonus picture of my favorite professor in the world, Dr. Keitges, who teaches voice.)
5) It's a holiday! I love holidays. A lot. The feeling of holidays just gets to me, the specialness, the difference. I feel so happy with that all around me. Every holiday has it's own feel. Thanksgiving is all about food and family and safety and warmth, and apparently also football and shopping, but I don't care about those parts. Just the rest of it.
How about you guys? What are you grateful for? I hope you have a good one, and I'll see you Saturday for a post on music videos. :)
Images via slideshare.net and adams.edu.
I'm an unpublished novelist, primarily of YA fantasy, and a freelance editor. I love psychology, cats, social justice, and love! I'm also a huge fangirl. More than anything, stories are my life.
Why I Hate James Pat...
Hitler and Mother Ter...
Guest Post: 5 Fando...
The Lesser Evil: Femi...
Successful People W...
Choosing a Genre to...